Limitations of audio and video device control
About audio stream protection
Audio stream protection has the following special considerations:
- The Host Intrusion Prevention component must be enabled for this functionality to work.
- If the application started receiving the audio stream before the Host Intrusion Prevention component was started, Kaspersky Endpoint Security allows the application to receive the audio stream and does not show any notifications.
- If you moved the application to the Untrusted group or High Restricted group after the application began receiving the audio stream, Kaspersky Endpoint Security allows the application to receive the audio stream and does not show any notifications.
- After the settings for the application's access to sound recording devices have been changed (for example, if the application has been blocked from receiving the audio stream in the Host Intrusion Prevention settings window), this application must be restarted to stop it from receiving the audio stream.
- Control of access to the audio stream from sound recording devices does not depend on an application's webcam access settings.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security protects access to only built-in microphones and external microphones. Other audio streaming devices are not supported.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security cannot guarantee the protection of an audio stream from such devices as DSLR cameras, portable video cameras, and action cameras.
Special considerations for the operation of audio and video devices during installation and upgrade of Kaspersky Endpoint Security
When you run audio and video recording or playback applications for the first time since installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security, audio and video playback or recording may be interrupted. This is necessary in order to enable the functionality that controls access to sound recording devices by applications. The system service that controls audio hardware will be restarted when Kaspersky Endpoint Security is run for the first time.
About access to webcams by applications
Webcam access protection functionality has the following special considerations and limitations:
- The application controls video and still images derived from the processing of webcam data.
- The application controls the audio stream if it is part of the video stream received from the webcam.
- The application controls only webcams connected via USB or IEEE1394 that are displayed as Imaging Devices in the Windows Device Manager.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security supports the following webcams:
- Logitech HD Webcam C270
- Logitech HD Webcam C310
- Logitech Webcam C210
- Logitech Webcam Pro 9000
- Logitech HD Webcam C525
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-2000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-800
- Microsoft LifeCam Cinema
Kaspersky cannot guarantee support for webcams that are not specified in this list.