About Kaspersky Security 9.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers
Kaspersky Security 9.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers is an application designed for protection of mail servers based on Microsoft Exchange Server against viruses, Trojan software and other types of threats that may be transmitted via e-mail, as well as spam, phishing, and accidental leaks of confidential corporate data via email.
Kaspersky Security provides anti-spam protection on the level of your corporate mail server, saving your employees the trouble of deleting unwanted mail manually.
Kaspersky Security protects mailboxes, public folders, and relayed mail traffic on a Microsoft Exchange Server against malware, spam, and phishing. Kaspersky Security scans all e-mail traffic passing through the protected Microsoft Exchange Server.
Kaspersky Security can perform the following operations:
- Scan mail traffic, incoming and outgoing mail, as well as email messages stored on the Microsoft Exchange Server (including shared folders) for malware. The scan processes the message and all of its attachments. Depending upon the selected settings, the application disinfects and removes detected harmful objects and provides users with complete information about them.
- Filter unsolicited mail (spam) from mail traffic. The Anti-Spam component scans mail traffic for spam content. In addition, Anti-Spam allows you to create black and white lists of sender addresses and supports flexible configuration of anti-spam scanning sensitivity.
- Scan mail traffic for phishing and malicious URLs.
- Filter attachments in email messages by format, name, and size of attached files.
- Prevent leaks of confidential data, as well as data with specific parameters, in outgoing email messages.
- Save backup copies of objects (an object consists of message content and its attachments) and spam messages prior to their disinfection or deletion to enable subsequent restoration, if required, thus preventing the risk of data losses. Configurable filters allow the user to easily locate specific stored objects.
- Notify the sender, the recipient and the system administrator about messages that contain malicious objects.
- Manage identical settings of multiple Security Servers in centralized mode by means of profiles.
- Maintain event logs, display statistics, and create regular reports on application activity. The application can create reports automatically according to a schedule or manually.
- Configure the application settings to match the volume and type of relayed mail traffic, in particular, define the maximum connection wait time to optimize scanning.
- Update the Kaspersky Security databases automatically or in manual mode. Updates can be downloaded from the FTP and HTTP servers of Kaspersky Lab, from a local / network folder that contains the latest set of updates, or from user-defined FTP and HTTP servers.
- Re-scan old (previously scanned) messages for the presence of new viruses or other threats according to a schedule. This task is performed as a background scan and has little effect on the mail server’s performance.
- Perform anti-virus protection on storage level based on the list of protected storages.