Deployment and initial setup
Kaspersky Security Center is a distributed application. Kaspersky Security Center includes the following applications:
- Administration Server —The core component, designed for managing devices of an organization and storing data in a DBMS.
- Administration Console —The basic tool for the administrator. Administration Console is shipped together with Administration Server, but it can also be installed individually on one or several devices run by the administrator.
- Kaspersky Security Center 11 Web Console—A web interface for Administration Server designed for basic operations. You can install this component on any device that meets the hardware and software requirements.
- Network Agent —Designed for managing the security application installed on a device, as well as collecting information about that device. Network Agents are installed on devices of an organization.
Deployment of Kaspersky Security Center on an organization’s network is performed as follows:
- Installation of Administration Server
- Installation of Kaspersky Security Center 11 Web Console
- Installation of Administration Console on the administrator's device
- Installation of Network Agent and the security application on devices of the enterprise