Preliminary assessment of space required in the database and on the hard drive for Administration Server
Assessing the space required in the database of Administration Server
The approximate amount of space that must be reserved in the database can be calculated using the following formula:
(200 * C + 2.3 * E + 2.5 * A), KB
C is the number of devices.
E is the number of events to store.
A is the total number of Active Directory objects:
- Device accounts
- User accounts
- Accounts of security groups
- Active Directory organizational units
If scanning of Active Directory is disabled, A is considered to equal zero.
If Administration Server distributes Windows updates (thus acting as the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server), the database will require an additional 2.5 GB.
Note that some unallocated space always appears in the database when the application is running. Therefore, the actual size of the database file (by default, the KAV.MDF file, if you use SQL Server as the DBMS) often turns out to be approximately twice as large as the amount of space occupied in the database.
The size of the transaction log (by default, the file KAV_log.LDF, if you use SQL Server as the DBMS) may reach 2 GB.
Assessing the disk space on the device with Administration Server
The approximate disk space in the %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\KasperskyLab\adminkit folder on the device with Administration Server can be estimated using the following formula:
(220 * C + 0.15 * E + 0.17 * A), KB
For the values of the C, E, and A variables please see above.
Calculation of additional disk space with the use of the Vulnerability and Patch Management feature:
- Updates. The shared folder additionally requires at least 4 GB to store updates.
- Installation packages. If some installation packages are stored on the Administration Server, the shared folder will require an additional amount of free disk space equal to the total size of all of the available installation packages to be installed.
- Remote installation tasks. If remote installation tasks are present on the Administration Server, an additional amount of free disk space (in the %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\KasperskyLab\adminkit folder) equal to the total size of all installation packages to be installed will be required.
- Patches. If Administration Server is involved in installation of patches, an additional amount of disk space will be required:
- The patches folder should have the amount of disk space equal to the total size of all patches that have been downloaded. By default, patches are stored in the %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\wusfiles folder (you can use the klsrvswch utility to specify a different folder for storing patches). If Administration Server is used as the WSUS server, you are advised to allocate at least 100 GB to this folder.
- The %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\KasperskyLab\adminkit folder must have an amount of disk space equal to the total size of those patches that are referenced by existing instances of update (patch) installation and vulnerability fix tasks.