Local installation of Network Agent
To install Network Agent on a device locally:
- On the device, run the setup.exe file from the distribution package downloaded from the Internet.
A window opens prompting you to select Kaspersky Lab applications to install.
- In the application selection window, click the Install only Kaspersky Security Center 11 Network Agent link to start the Network Agent Setup Wizard. Follow the instructions of the Wizard.
While the Installation Wizard is running, you can specify the advanced settings of Network Agent (see below).
- If you want to use your device as the connection gateway for a specific administration group, in the Connection gateway window of the Setup Wizard select Use Network Agent as connection gateway in DMZ.
- To configure Network Agent during installation on a virtual machine:
- If you plan to create dynamic virtual machines from the virtual machine image, enable dynamic mode of Network Agent for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). To do this, in the Advanced Settings window of the Setup Wizard, select the Enable dynamic mode for VDI check box.
Skip this step if you do not plan to create dynamic virtual machines from the virtual machine image.
Using dynamic mode for VDI is available only for devices running Windows.
- Optimize the Network Agent operation for VDI. To do this, in the Advanced Settings window of the Setup Wizard, select the Optimize the Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent settings for the virtual infrastructure check box.
Scanning of executable files for vulnerabilities at the device startup will be disabled. Also, this disables the sending of information about the following objects to Administration Server:
- Hardware registry
- Applications installed on the device
- Microsoft Windows updates that must be installed on the local client device
- Software vulnerabilities detected on the local client device
Furthermore, you will be able to enable the sending of this information in the Network Agent properties or in the Network Agent policy settings.
When the Setup Wizard finishes, Network Agent will be installed on the device.
You can view the properties of the Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent service, and start, stop, and monitor Network Agent activity by means of standard Microsoft Windows tools: Computer Management\Services.