Deployment and initial setup
Kaspersky Security Center is a distributed application. Kaspersky Security Center includes the following applications:
- Administration Server—The core component, designed for managing devices of an organization and storing data in a DBMS.
- Administration Console—The basic tool for the administrator. Administration Console is shipped together with Administration Server, but it can also be installed individually on one or several devices run by the administrator.
- Kaspersky Security Center 10 Web Console is a web interface for Administration Server designed for basic operations. You must install this component together with Administration Server if you have to provide MSP clients with the basic options of network administration.
- Network Agent—Designed for managing the security application installed on a device, as well as collecting information about that device. Network Agents are installed on devices of an organization.
Deployment of Kaspersky Security Center on an organization’s network is performed as follows:
- Installation of Administration Server
- Installation of Kaspersky Security Center 10 Web Console on the Administration Server device
- Installation of Administration Console on the administrator's device
- Installation of Network Agent and the security application on devices of the enterprise