Kaspersky Security Center components enable remote management of Kaspersky Lab applications installed on client devices.
Devices with the Administration Server component installed will be referred to as Administration Servers (also referred to as Servers).
Administration Server is installed on a device as a service with the following set of attributes:
- With the name "Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server".
- Set to automatically start when the operating system starts
- With the Local System account or the user account selected during the installation of the Administration Server.
The Administration Server performs the following functions:
- Storage of the administration groups structure.
- Storage of information about the configuration of client devices.
- Organization of repositories for application distribution packages.
- Remote installation of applications to client devices and removal of applications.
- Updating of application databases and software modules of Kaspersky Lab applications.
- Management of policies and tasks on client devices.
- Storage of information about events that have occurred on client devices.
- Generation of reports on the operation of Kaspersky Lab applications.
- Deployment of keys to client devices, and storage of information about keys.
- Forwarding of notifications about the progress of tasks (such as detection of viruses on a client device).
You can connect to Administration Server by using Administration Console.