Advanced features of the application
Kaspersky Security contains a number of advanced functions. Advanced functions are meant to keep the application up to date, expand its functionality, and assist the user with operating it.
- Licensing. When used under a premium license, all functions, database and application module updates, and detailed information about the application are available along with assistance from Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.
- Database update. Kaspersky Security downloads updated databases and application modules that keep the operating system of the protected virtual machine secure against viruses and other malware.
- Kaspersky Security Network. Participation in Kaspersky Security Network ensures better protection for the operating system of the virtual machine through the use of information about the reputation of files, web resources, and software obtained from users worldwide.
- Backup. If the application detects an infected file while running a virus scan of the operating system of a protected virtual machine, it blocks this file and deletes it from its original folder. The application places copies of disinfected and deleted files in Backup.
- Reports. During its operation, the application keeps a report on each functional component and task of the application. The report contains a list of events that occur during operation of the application, and all operations that the application performs. In case of an incident, you can send reports to Kaspersky Lab, where Technical Support will look into the issue in more detail.
- Notifications. The application uses notifications to inform the user about the current protection status of the protected virtual machine's operating system. The application can display notifications on the screen or send them by email.
- Support. All registered users of Kaspersky Security can contact Technical Support for assistance. You can send a query via the Kaspersky CompanyAccount portal on the Technical Support website or consult with our experts by phone.