Running an automation policy
Kaspersky Security Integration with SolarWinds N-central includes three predefined automation policies related to Kaspersky security applications:
- Kaspersky anti-virus protection status
This policy checks the following:
- Whether a Kaspersky security application is installed on a device and, if installed, its version.
- Whether Network Agent is installed on the device and, if installed, its version.
- Time of the last anti-virus database update on the device.
- Time of the last virus scan on the device.
- Kaspersky virus scan
This policy checks whether a Kaspersky security application is installed on a device and, if installed, performs a virus scan on the device.
- Kaspersky anti-virus database update
This policy checks whether a Kaspersky security application is installed on a device and, if installed, updates the anti-virus database on the device.
You can run any of these automation policies as a scheduled task applied to certain devices and device filters.
To run an automation policy:
- In SolarWinds N-central, in the Actions section, click Run an Automation Policy.
- On the Details tab, in the Repository Item list, select the required automation policy.
- On the Targets tab, select the required device filters and individual devices to which you want to apply the automation policy.
- On the Schedule tab, specify the schedule for the automation policy.
- Configure other parameters of the task, as required. For details, refer to the SolarWinds N-central documentation.
- Click the Save button.
The automation policy run task is saved and is run according to the specified schedule.
You can find the saved tasks and view their run status in Configuration → Scheduled Tasks → Add/Delete.